Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bits O' Life

Well, I'm pretty sure everyone visits our blog for the random selections of pictures we post. Er, at least that's the part y'all comment on the most. :D

Here is a big event that has happened: Josiah's flat head (nothin' too serious, mostly cosmetic) is being fixed for the next 5-6 months by wearing this helmet for 23 hours a day. It is so adorable, but pitiful since its so hot.

One evening last week Willa and I (plus Seth, Elsie, and Tinkerbell) went to the upper pastures to take pictures of a dress I made. The sun was setting and it was gorgeous. Perfect for a cartwheel.







Willa's been making countless floral arrangements with flowers from our land every day. In this arrangement she added the curly Garlic Scapes from our CSA basket.  Garlic Scapes are the garlic flower that you pick before it blooms. We've learned so much about farming/plants/outside stuff lately- did you know garlic grows shoots 4+ ft tall and then flowers?

3 comments:

Lillian said...

Poor Josiah!!
It is soo cute though! :P

Anonymous said...

You can still kiss his cute chubby cheeks.
Love, love, love the arrangement, Willa.
Hey, Olivia. Who is that cute little guy you are hanging out with by the car? :0}

Mema

Anonymous said...

Josiah's helmet is unlike anything I have seen before! The picture captures a fun expression on his face.

Your "farmgirl" dress is great. The picture of you spinning is nice. Also, I love how the vest matches your shoes. I remember them from the book study. :-)

I did not know that garlic grows that high.